In particular, is their extensive list of suggestions on Goal Setting.
Listed here are 10 Barriers to setting - and executing organizational goals:
- Lack of clear-cut responsibilities around the goals
- Lack of a tracking system
- Lack of an accountability system
- Lack of commitment
- Lack of buy-in from people who are expected to fulfill the goals
- Ineffective communication
- Lack of time or resources
- Too many goals are financially driven
- Focusing on too many or too few goals
- Goals aren't tied to a longer-term vision
BOTTOMLINE: Get agreement on the appropriate goals for your organization. Write them down. Keep them close by. Get buy in and alignment from those executing the goals. Make them realistic and attainable. See Discipline II - Set Goals That Lead from Six Disciplines for Excellence.