According to an article (reported in Management-Issues) two new polls have put better work-life balance high on the priority list for most Americans.
- The careers' website, Beyond.com, found nearly six out of 10 put a healthy work-life balance as their most important workplace goal for 2008.
- In a second poll of 1,200 workers for the Center for State and Local Government Excellence, seven out of 10 said what they wanted most of all from a job was a flexible, family-friendly workplace.
Other employee demands included:
- Further education - only 18 per cent of the vote
- Staying organized - 16 per cent
- Improving workplace relationships - 10 per cent