It’s a tall order to build a community that agrees to share these attributes. Even though it’s difficult, it’s worth the effort, because well-formed communities accelerate learning.
The Execution Revolution will be built around communities with the following characteristics:
- A belief that their ultimate core competence is the ability to execute their strategy.
- A shared repeatable methodology that organizes their efforts to execute better.
- Strategy execution coaches who are experts in the repeatable methodology they share.
- Shared technology (an execution software system) to help integrate planning and
activity alignment at all levels of the organization.
- Active communities in the Execution Revolution consist of communities with these titles: coaches, leadership teams, initiative teams, team leader and team members and cross-company roles.
- Among adult learners, the biggest barrier to fostering a learning community is pride. For senior leadership, the only way to remove this barrier is to display a passion for learning how to execute strategy effectively.
- Of all the four components of a complete program – a repeatable methodology, strategy execution coaching, an execution software system and a shared learning community – the learning community has the most transforming power.