Other key findings:
- 87% will "go the extra mile" to get things done and 83% feel committed or very committed to their organization.
- 70% said they refuse a promotion if it affected their work-life balance and 57% felt they had a satisfactory work-life balance.
- Nearly half said their organisation had become more values driven over recent years, 60% believed that its espoused and practiced values did not match.
- Managing change remained the biggest issue for organizations, despite some stating the biggest challenges they were facing related to succession planning, retention, recruitment and skills shortages.
- 78% of managers thought senior managers do not "walk the talk."
- Performance management was still problematic, with only 11% believing it was managed very well, compared with 9% in 2005.
- Just 36% trusted their top leadership to a great extent.