In a considerable showing of solidarity:
- 90 percent of U.S. small businessowners reported seeing opportunities for their businesses in the current recession
- More than 75 percent still expect growth
- To make this growth a reality, small business owners say they'll rely on their experience and passion.
- 70 percent of small business owners said their personal passion drove them to start their own company, and that the same passion will help them get through a downturn
- Undaunted by the economy, 86 percent of respondents said they remain as passionate as the day they started
BOTTOMLINE: Focus, persistence, passion - all foundational qualities of smart, forward-looking business leaders.