Some takeaways from the podcast interview:
- The best practices of larger organizations can (and should) be incorporated into small business
- Leaders manage for the future - in lean times they’re preparing for growth, in busy times they’re preparing a slow down
- Great managers down focus on firefighting, but they do focus on constantly improving they systems, looking for low hanging fruit.
- With a recession imminent (or already here) the natural inclination will be to pull back and play it safe, but this is really a time of opportunity to:
- Assess your competitive position
- Re-evaluate & recommit to you corporate mission & goals
- Expand your business by creating new products & new revenue stream
Find Gary’s Book on Amazon:Six Disciplines for Excellence: Building Small Businesses That Learn, Lead and Last.
Gary’s newest book, Execution Revolution, will be available in the coming months.The podcast is available here.