We simplify to six core areas of business discipline:
- Discipline I. Decide What's Important (STRATEGY)
- Discipline II. Set Goals That Lead (PLANNING)
- Discipline III. Align Systems (ORGANIZATION)
- Discipline IV. Work The Plan (EXECUTION)
- Discipline V. Innovate Purposefully (INNOVATION)
- Disciplines VI. Step Back (LEARNING)
BOTTOMLINE: OK, so you've read business improvement books that told you "what" other organizations did to become excellent, or "why" they became top-performing companies. But most books don't tell you HOW you can make these changes happen in your own organization!
Time to read the award-winning business handbook Six Disciplines for Excellence, by veteran CEO and strategy execution expert, Gary Harpst.