The good folks at Marakon Associates have republished an article from the
27 July- 9 Aug edition of Knowledge@Wharton entitled: "Why Good Strategies Fail...Execution, Execution, Execution"
A PDF of the article is located here.
BOTTOMLINE: Like everything else in business management, improving execution is an ongoing process. The article highlights these steps in the process:
1. Develop a model for execution. (A Methodology if you will?)
2. Choose the right metrics. (Can't manage it if you can't measure it)
3. Don’t forget the plan. (Plans are only good if people execute from them)
4. Assess performance frequently. (An Individual Plan perhaps?)
5. Communicate (Keep the mission, vision, values, strategic plan and goals - accessible - all the time)