Themes that stand out in this 2006 Workforce Trends forecast include:
- Intensifying competition for qualified workers.
- Gradually increasing attention to employee retention.
- Increasing investment in older workers.
- Shift in retirement plans to lifetime lifestyle funding.
- Continued off-shoring of some work, coupled with return of other work.
- Larger investment in corporate training.
- Growth in telecommuting.
- Expansion of staffing industry.
- Heightened flexibility in work arrangements.
- Employer dissatisfaction with product of schools.
Read all the details in this new 2006 workforce trends research - here.
(Thanks to Anita for the tip!)