- This is due to senior management pressure for greater accountability and cost containment
- The downtown also might be because of the abundance of executive coaches in the field.
- Organizations are looking for more emphasis on the ROI of their coaching dollars
- Less coaching could have a negative impact on organization down the road
- Most leaders do not make a successful transition into higher levels of leadership without some coaching
BOTTOMLINE: With the impending baby boomer retirements and subsequent middle- and senior-level promotions, this trend of unprepared new executives could have a negative effect on corporations and their bottom line. Executive coaching will pick up again when companies realize that their leaders are struggling. Training and development initiatives have a lot of value, but when it comes to long-term behavioral change, coaching is a more successful methodology.