If you've been following "the overarching thread"...
... you've learned that the Six Disciplines Methodology of business-building is an integration of best practices of the following business tenets:
- Strategic Planning
- Quality Management
- Integrated Learning
- Business Process Automation
- People Performance Management
- Measure-Driven Improvement
- It's all about learning - KM, information management, elearning, performance support, content management, etc.
- KM is not a thing to itself. It's a tool for organizational learning (and, as a by product, organizational effectiveness or capacity to achieve intended goals/strategies).
- Those who over-hyped KM (and made a valuable concept largely meaningless) fail to understand that KM was never about managing knowledge.
- It was, and still is, about achieving other goals. It's a means.