The World Cup is perhaps the greatest sporting event in the world, and truly a global championship. Every four years, after exhaustive qualifying rounds, the top 32 nations in the world compete against each other for the right to be called world champions for the coming four years.
Every match matters. Every win and loss counts towards becoming a true world champion. The team that wins will have some great players, but the team with all the best players does not always win.
As in business, great leaders know these six rules:
- LONG-TERM SUCCESS, SHORT-TERM RESULTS
- CHOOSING THE RIGHT TEAM IS CRITICAL
- WINNING AS A STATE OF MIND
- PASSION, PLANNING AND EXECUTION
- POSITVE LEADER RELATIONSHIPS
- NEVER SATISFIED WITH THE STATUS QUO
Read the entire article here.