Elizabeth's key comments:
- Amid the turbulence of the 21st century, Drucker rightly saw CEOs as more important than ever. They had to provide leadership--strategic leadership, moral leadership, human leadership--and strike a balance.
- If I were to distill into one word Peter's thoughts on what makes a truly great CEO, I would choose courage; courage to do what is right, courage to trailblaze change, ourage to break the rules in an industry still in its infancy
Drucker defined three traits unique to a CEO:
- A broad field of vision combined with the ability to ask and answer what needs to be done.
- Accountability for the CEO's own imprint on the organization's character, values, and personality.
- The influence the CEO has on people--individually and collectively.
Read the entire article here at Leader to Leader.