For most business book readers, the concept of change is intriguing, even attractive. At least the concepts must hold some interest for you.
The most important question to ask yourself is "How ready are you -- and your organization - for this type of challenge?"
Here's a simple checklist of things to think through to gauge your readiness:
- Is there a hunger for quality, excellence and continual improvement?
- Do you "get" the difference between working on your business - and working in your business?
- Is your organization of sufficient size to understand the challenges that growth brings?
- Does your organization have a high trust culture?
- Is your business stable - decent balance sheet, not running from one crisis to another?
- Does your organization use technology effectively - and strategically?
- Do you value the advice from outside experts?
BOTTOMLINE: If you're ready for change, contact a Six Disciplines Center near you. By adopting the Six Disciplines business excellence program, you'll transform your organization into a place where the leadership team becomes expert at setting the vision for the company and engaging people in the pursuit of that vision.