While most business leaders will not be surprised by this finding, it's a finding that has been of interest to the investment community.
What are the reasons?
- Company founders have a deep, emotional, passionate connection to the business, which contibutes to them becoming great leaders
- Company founders typically have deep industry knowledge
- Company founders typically have risked a considerable amount, and have a large financial stake in the success of the business
- Company founders tend to take the long-term view
- Company founders tend to learn from their mistakes and rarely make the same mistakes twice