Given that execution is a far greater challenge than strategy formulation, the ultimate core competency for any organization is realized when all individuals make strategy (execution) their everyday job."
Since research shows that less than 5% of the typical workforce understands their organization's strategy, it is critical to engage the team so they understand and commit - and make it their own.
This cannot be achieved by words alone - it has to be achieve through action.
To communicate the change process, conduct an "engage the team" meeting that accomplishes the following:
- Use the event as an opportunity to interact and learn
- Create a sense that things are happening “live”
- Provide the opportunity for people to see, touch, and shape the change
- Use data collected before and during the event to inform discussion
- Promote openness and flexibility over control and confidentiality
- Ensure the active involvement and high visibility of the senior leadership team
- Emphasize that the event is not an end in itself