The Six Disciplines blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home. If that does not occur, please visit:

Friday, January 05, 2007

Five Things People May Not Know About Me

I’ve been “tagged” by several of my “blogging buddies” to post 5 things that most people probably wouldn't know about me.

Most probably realize that I work for Six Disciplines Corporation as the Director of Marketing.

What most probably don't know about me is that:

1. I’m a Music Fanatic. After the Beatles played on Ed Sullivan, things have never been the same (except for my hairline.) Since then, I’ve seen hundreds of concerts over the years. I’ve played guitar since I was 9, and can also carry a tune. Have lots of fun with Internet Karaoke (check out member “sreardon” at http://www.singshot.com/ - be kind). Prized possession is an Eric Clapton “Blackie” signature Strat. Along the way, I’ve played in a few bands, and even fronted for Chubby Checker in Cleveland back in 2000. Test me on my music trivia, but be prepared to go down in flames.

2. Cooking is a Passion. Have cooked for 1 to over 100 people. I’m particularly intrigued with combinations of colors, textures and tastes. Favorites include pastas, Cajun/Creole, seafood dishes. Fresh herbs and summer vegetables are the only way to go. Usually get rave reviews. Of course, a good bottle of Merlot to go with whatever - goes without question.

3. A True Sports Nut. Playing, participating, coaching - you name it. Basketball, football, baseball – and most recently, hockey. Was the 2nd fastest sprinter in high school - still hold my high school record for pushups (127 consecutive) – and pull-ups (119 consecutive). Only TV I watch now is sports (OK, maybe a few good documentaries…). I’m also nuts about sports trivia – hey, I’m no “Schwab” – but I can hold my own. There's nothing like some good competition - anytime, anyplace.

4. A Self-Made Computer Geek. I truly believe that software can do almost anything. I’ve worked for a small software vendor (Solomon Software) – that became very successful over a 20 year time span, merged with our biggest competitor, and was acquired by Microsoft. I've designed software, created training materials, wrote technical documents, I worked for Microsoft for 4 years as manager of industry analyst relations, also doing competitive intelligence and public relations work. I have been coding websites since 1994 (before most people even knew what the web was!). Am connected to the Internet more hours per day than I want to admit.

5. Passionate About Seeking Deeper Meaning. Knowledge, news, music, information, I need it 24 x 7. It’s all about deeper meaning: understanding, appreciating talent and excellence in all its forms, giving more than receiving.

There you have it. It was fun and provided a little chance to stroll down memory lane. Thanks for opportunity.

(And now, we return you back to our regularly scheduled programming...)

No comments: