We all get stuck in ruts, and the annual holiday party can be another one. But with some creative thinking, the holidays can be a time to bring everyone together and reward your team members for a job well done.
The NFIB offers these alternatives for creative thinking and alternatives to the annual holiday office party:
- Give team members time off or an extra paid day or two off
- Give team members a day off to do charitable work
- Take team members to a local children’s hospital or retirement home where they can volunteer their time for half a day
- Create a holiday suggestion box
- Write letters (not just Holiday cards) to your team member's families
- Consider offering team members a flex-time holiday plan
BOTTOMLINE: There are many alternatives to the holiday office party. It's not the event and what you give - it's what you give back.