Here’s a quick “sanity check” quiz to determine the value of your organization’s current strategic planning process:
- Does our process produce a plan that's "real?"
- Is our plan "strategic?"
- Do we have adequate external focus?
- Do we make sufficient use of outsiders?
- Does our plan really work for the organization?
- Is our plan actionable?
- Is anybody doing anything?
- Are we getting lost in executing tactics, but missing the big picture?
BOTTOMLINE: Not sure of the answers to these questions? Then it’s time to talk with your local Six Disciplines Leadership Center.