Here are ten tips that will help any company create a new performance evaluation system that will provide useful data and be enthusiastically supported by all system users.
- Get top management actively involved
- Establish the criteria for an ideal system
- Appoint an Implementation Team
- Design the form first
- Build your mission, vision, values, and core competencies into the form
- Assure on-going communication
- Train all appraisers
- Orient all appraisees
- Use the results
- Monitor and revise the program
BOTTOMLINE: A company's performance appraisal process is critically important. It answers the two questions that every member of an organization wants to know: 1) What do you expect of me? and 2) How am I doing at meeting your expectations? Using these ten tips will help you develop or select a system to will give accurate and complete answers to everyone.