- It’s no longer enough to be capable. Senior executives have to build an authentic bond with their employees, customers and other stakeholders, which is admittedly a daunting challenge for most leaders.
- Leadership increasingly requires an essential balance between business competence and personal connection.
- Employee engagement will demand the attention of senior management as never before.
Leaders will focus on the following issues in 2007, according to the forecast:
- Executive Self-Development
- Correcting Cultural Corruption
- Re-emerging Focus on Retention
- Driving Productivity Through Engagement
- Connecting Individual Contribution to Strategy
- Inspiring All Generations
- Developing Leaders for Short — and Long-Term — Needs