Six Disciplines is many different things:
- It is a "business-building" methodology that integrates the best practices of strategic planning, quality management, integrated learning, business process automation, people performance manangement and measure-driven improvement.
- It is an integrated organizational learning system that focuses on strategy, planning, measurement, execution, learning and leadership
- It is a systematic way for an organization to learn how to set, and more importantly, to execute strategy.
- It is a practical way for organizations to use software on a daily basis that helps them to execute strategy.
- It is a repeatable, cyclical approach to continual business process improvement.
- It is a holistic way for an organization to transform itself into one that can predictably perform.
- It is an unobtrusive way for an organization to continually improve - takes only 4% of an organization's time.
- It is a transformational way to eliminate bad habits and incorporate new best practices.
- It is optimized for use over the Internet.
- It is specifically designed for use by small and emerging organizations.
- It is a continuous way to have your organization become more accountable.
- It is a pervasive way for your organization to learn to communicate more clearly.
Here are two more video clips from author, CEO and Founder of Six Disciplines Corporation -- Gary Harpst: