Managing change involves five key activities:
- Establishing the need for change. Be clear about the purpose and intended result of the change your organization needs to accomplish.
- Clearly identify your organization's culture and design a change strategy and process that aligns to that culture.
- Seek to understand the transitions that result from the change, looking for and dealing with any resistance that may undermine the change.
- Implement the changes, generating short-term wins and consolidating those wins to create more change.
- Use ongoing recognition of performance and success to permanently embed the changes in the organization.