Here are some other facts about today's small businesses:
- Survival rates are now over 50%; with education and training this increases to 80-90%
- They make up 50% of GDP
- 5-6 million small business have employees
- 99% of employers are small businesses
- Over 50% of workforce now is employed in small businesses
- 45% of total payroll comes from small businesses
BOTTOMLINE: "These businesses have become the engines of job creation for the US. In fact, entrepreneurs and small business owners are responsible for 77% of new jobs created in past twenty years. They have strong values, which for many are based on a very strong faith. They believe that they can build a better economy and help restore our culture."