Their research findings:
- The study suggests the usual approaches to leadership development aren't delivering solutions.
- Organizations are meeting increased resistance to change, especially at middle-management level.
- "The Board may pivot at any moment, and so can an agile CEO, but getting the next echelon to move proves to be a lot harder. There's always a call for resilience and flexibility, but not enough guidance how to go about it."
- Instead of looking at this as a leadership training or development issue, organizations must focus on substance and content. That's what is truly important. After all, the critical part is getting the top management team to have a clear fix on the strategic direction, and how that translates for different parts of the organization.
- The strategy has to be communicated so people understand what they need to do, and care enough to do so even if it disrupts their routine.