- Passion for their business. Loving what you do can leave you feeling exhilarated rather than exhausted.
- Persistence. Entrepreneurs are willing to work longer and harder than others. That outlook is crucial to overcoming the challenges they face. The true entrepreneur has the discipline to complete the less enjoyable tasks properly and on schedule.
- Good health and high energy are vital because starting a business takes a lot of effort and time.
- Creativity is needed to develop innovative products and services and to solve problems.
- Independence and self-reliance. Entrepreneurs like making their own decisions and carrying them out. They also are willing to take on the responsibilities that come with their freedom.
- Intuition is the ability to see beyond the obvious. The intuitive entrepreneur has an uncanny ability to predict how a situation will affect his business and to make the right decisions in advance.
- Self-confidence. Entrepreneurs believe in their ability to make their business prosper, even when those around them do not. They are optimistic and have faith in their own ideas, allowing them to be realistic and open to change.
- Entrepreneurs are invariably hard-working people. How do you feel about working 12 hours a day?
Monday, April 23, 2007
Traits of Successful Entrepreneurs
In honor of National Small Business Week, the Small Business Development Centers of Ohio list some personality traits which successful entrepreneurs have and apply to their businesses: