While the answers vary, there's a trend toward doing the strategic planning about two - three months in advance of the annual budgeting process.
Most choose to do their advance strategic planning in the September through October timeframe, having a much clearer course to follow when you do your annual budgeting in November and December.
Many of the top-performing organizations we work with every day - have expressed a real need to not only develop a strategic plan” but also - how to implement it.” Take a quick minute – and consider the following key questions:
- Is implementing a strategic plan your challenge?
- Does your staff help develop a strategic plan and forget it the next day?
- Do you have measures in place to know how you are doing compared to your strategic plan?
- Do you believe an ill-defined strategic plan can be overcome by execution?
- Do you know your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) as they relate to your company?
- Do you know what is important to improve your bottom line?