For Jack Welch at GE, here were his 4 E's:
- Positive ENERGY
- The ability to ENERGIZE others
- The 'EDGE that enables managers to take unpopular decisions
- The ability to EXECUTE decisions
For Bill Gates at Microsoft, here were his 5 E's:
- EMPOWER people to undertake tasks for which they are competent and to see those tasks through from start to finish.
- Adopt an EGALITARIAN attitude towards everybody, and insist that they do likewise.
- Place an extraordinary EMPHASIS on performance, first making clear precisely what is expected.
- Use E-MAIL to send and receive messages to and from anybody, maintain continuous, open, constructive debate on issues of interest importance.
- ENRICH people with rewards for success, using not only financial rewards but also praise and recognition.
Anyone have any additional E's?