The Six Disciplines blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to our new home. If that does not occur, please visit:

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Look for Excellence in Others

This, from Fast Company:

"I had dinner with a friend who has owns a successful ad agency in New York City. At one point we got to talking about what has made him a successful leader.

I asked him, "If you had to boil it down to one thing, what would you say is the most important thing you do?"

He reflected for a minute and then gave an interesting answer.

He said, "For me it comes down to 3 words - Look for Excellence.

The one thing I can say, beyond the shadow of a doubt, is that when I'm actively looking for the excellence in others, things always work better.

Creative ideas just flow and new possibilities come out of thin air.

No comments: