In sport - excellence can be defined in many ways - however, it is frequently equated to winning - over a long period of time.
In the Wall Street Journal, the Atlanta Braves GM explains how and why the Braves have won 14 straight Divisional Titles.
The five tips for transforming a culture of losing - to a culture of winning:
- Gather everyone, communicate the plan and preach it daily.
- Constantly remind them it works.
- Don’t be afraid to get rid of people who don’t buy in.
- Make the lowest level employees feel as important to success as the top level executives.
- Show trust in everyone to do their jobs well.