- Become Customer Oriented
- Embrace Technology
- Monitor Your Costs
- Improve Productivity
- Hire The Best People
- Solve Problems
Interestingly enough, many of these traits seem to be aligned with our own research at Six Disciplines that describe how high-performing businesses differ from low-performing businesses.
Our research indicates that the top 5 areas where the contrasts / differences were greatest include:
- Strength of the senior leadership team
- Attracts and retains quality people (aligns with #6)
- Disciplined approach to business (aligns with #2 and #7)
- Strategic use of technology (aligns with #3)
- Effective use of trusted relationships
These are all outlined in the chapter "How The Best Differ From The Rest" in Six Disciplines for Excellence.