More findings from the executive survey:
- 21% would be highly likely to make a different choice.
- 30% would be likely to make a different choice
- 62% anticiplate making a major career change before retirement as being "highly likely"
- Another 36% consider making a major career change before retirement as being "likely"
- 62 percent would "definitely" recommend their profession to somebody embarking on his or her career
BOTTOMLINE: Leading organizations can best address this shift and retain key talent by better understanding the career motives of their executives and creating professional development plans for emerging executives that support these motives.