Current leading indicators:
- The U.S. economy continues to roll along, just as small-business owners predicted.
- Analysts are now marking up their forecasts to match the predictions of small businesses.
- Hiring plans strengthened and inventories were reported relatively low, while plans to add to inventories as we go into the fourth quarter strengthened.
- Capital spending plans have remained steady as have actual capital outlays, reported each month by about two-thirds of the owners.
- Inflation, the top worry of the Fed, has lost some steam in the small-business sector.
Read the entire update here.
BOTTOMLINE: Owning an leading a small business is a noble cause. The idea of a small business owner being a "hero" hits home even more, when you think of the impact made on a smaller scale. Business owners give individuals -- real people with names and faces -- an opportunity to provide for their families, and an environment where people can learn and grown and express their God-given creativity and talents.