The five values:
- Openness and candor. Candor involves more people, results in speedier decisions, and more meaningful conversations.
- Collaboration. It’s easy to talk about teamwork but difficult to achieve. You have to rise above it
- Common shared goals. A good mission and compelling vision are the “hard strategy” elements that can motivate people to work together.
- Involvement. Getting the different perspectives of everyone on the management team leads to a better mission statement and strategy .
- Feedback. Feedback is formalized candor. It compares performance to plan. Feedback is essential for the continuous improvement of both people and businesses.
BOTTOMLINE: These attributes are directly related to high performance. Your culture -- and the mission, vision, values and behaviors that produce it -- must be unique to your company. How are you doing in your leadership role, relative to candor, collaboration, shared goals, involvement and feedback?