Team leaders may feel that team members tend to resist change, are not supportive or are trying to make things difficult.
Esther Derby offers her 10 lessons on Supporting Organizational Change
- Communicate a Compelling Reason to Change
- Communicate Formally and Informally
- Personalize the Message: What Does This Mean for Me?
- Acknowledge the Unknowns
- Surface Rumors and Fill in the Blanks
- Practice What You Preach
- Acknowledge and Build on What People Value
- Reframe Resistance
- People Do Not Resist Change, They Resist Coercion
(Tip of the hat to Leon Ho at LifeHack.org for this one!)