- An understanding of where you are today (what is working, what is not)
- Where you want to be (when something is not working as planned)
- Deploying the disciplined processes required to achieve desired results - consistently.
To move ahead, start with the following questions:
- Are you getting the results you want?
- Are you getting the results you expect?
- Do you what is causing the results you're getting?
- Do you know you can change - to get the results you want?
BOTTOMLINE: High performing organizations have disciplined processes in place to ensure effective, consistent execution of their strategies. They understand what their goals are and how specific activities drive results. Achieving this same level of performance in your organization requires an understanding of where you are today, where you want to be, and developing a strategy to close the performance gap. (For a specific plan to follow, read Discipline IV - Step Back, Discipline I - Decide What's Important, and Discipline II - Set Goals That Lead from Six Disciplines for Excellence.