Here are some "warning signs" of an organization that is not "strategy-driven"
- Not sure you understand - fully - the meaning and implication of working ON your business - not just IN it
- You have no clear, defined process or method for working ON your business
- Your target customer is not clearly defined
- Your brand (your promise to your customer) is not clearly defined
- Team members within your organization don't "get" your strategy
- Perhaps, you're not even sure YOU "get" your strategy?
- Goals communication - and interdependencies -- are infrequent or inadequate
- People, systems, processes, policies and resources - are not aligned with your strategy
- Creative energy - and the ability to innovate purposefully - is low
- Reward systems are mis-aligned with your organization's goals
BOTTOMLINE: If you could relate with more than several of these...all is not lost. Consider spending a few minutes reading Six Disciplines for Excellence.